The fund's history
The SELCHP Community Fund was established in 1995 and has to date funded over 100 schemes with donations totalling over £350,000. Allocation of Community Fund money is decided annually at each November’s SELCHP Board Meeting.
The aim of the Community Fund is to support organisations within the local area, especially those of educational interest including schools and nurseries within the Boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich and Southwark. It is not the intention of the Community Fund to take over the responsibilities of statutory or other institutions for funding projects.
Types of supported projects
The SELCHP Community Fund supports local projects that must be demonstrated to have an impact on communities around the plant. The main selection criteria for deciding which projects to support are as follows:
• Proximity to SELCHP
(ideally within walking distance, or maximum within 3 miles surrounding the Plant)
• Identifiable project (there will be a tangible outcome to the funding)
• Number of people who will benefit
• Potential for alternative funding
Selection and award process
1. An application needs to be submitted to SELCHP and received before 30th September of the year Y.
2. The applications are reviewed and collated by SELCHP Administration for submission to the SELCHP Board.
3. The SELCHP Board reviews the submitted projects and approves fund awards at the November Board meeting. Go / No-go results are communicated to the different projects that have applied.
4. An award ceremony is held in Spring of year Y+1 where the awarded funds are distributed.